COVID-19 and Dental Flossophy
Please stay home and stay safe.
Updated 23 April 2020
We hope you and your family are keeping safe during these uncertain times.
No-one would have predicted a global pandemic occurring, nor its effect being so widespread. It is extremely concerning how it has been so devastating for the elderly, so we hope you are all taking special care during this time, so your loved ones remain safe.
You and the team are always our main focus at Dental Flossophy, and this has been the drive for our decisions over the last few weeks. With so many changes that are occurring both at the home front and in the workplace, we wanted to make sure you were updated on what this means for you and your dental care.
We have always been critical of hygiene measures and we want you know, that we have been taking extra precautions during this time to minimise any risk to you or to our team of contracting this virus. Below, we have presented answers to commonly asked questions to help in understanding what we have been doing.
What are the current restrictions placed on Dentistry?
We are currently adhering to Level 3 restrictions which means any form of treatment not deemed urgent are to be postponed. As of the 27th April, 2020, we will be working under Level 2 restrictions. The ADA (Australian Dental Association) has provided a great resource detailing what is happening to the Dental industry because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What do these restrictions mean for you?
From the 27th April, 2020, under the restrictions of Level 2, we can provided the following :
- Restorative procedures such as fillings and crowns – for broken teeth, holes in teeth or to rebuild teeth
- Extractions that are simple
- Hand scaling for cleaning the teeth
- Medical management of soft tissue presentations (such as ulcers)
- Temporomandibular dysfunction management
- Denture procedures – to repair or make dentures (false teeth)
- Preventative procedures such as the application of topical remineralising agents e.g. fluoride
- Orthodontic treatment
- Emergency treatment for pain relief
Is it safe to visit us?
We are still following common guideline with regards hand sanitising and social distancing. Because of this, we still need to restrict how many people are in the communal areas. Because of this, we may suggest you wait in the car or just turn up at your appointment time.
I had and appointment and it was postponed. What do I do now?
We have started calling all the people whose appointments were postponed and will try and rebook you over the coming days. You can also call 3379 4040 if you want to chose your time before the books fill up.
Why choose Dental Flossophy?
Dental Flossophy’s main focus has been on you, the patient, but also the team. For you, we have always aimed to provide you the best service possible, and in the most relaxing environment. We are monitoring, updating and training for each new precaution that is recommended.
We have always been vigilant in achieving the best standards, and we been again successful in undergoing the process to meet a strict set of standards for safety and quality of care. This is a voluntary process but it ensures we are part of the dental practices
that can show we are Accredited – and met the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
We have also adapted to the new guidelines that have come about with the COVID-19 pandemic. We have already undertaken hours of extra training for this pandemic. You will notice there are :
- multiple alcohol hand sanitizing stations,
- all our soft furnishings have been removed from the front,
- our appointment scheduling times have been spread out more to allow more thorough cleaning between appointments,
- Before treatment mouth rinses, and
- We’ll more often use a rubber dam to cover the mouth while we work.
Stay safe and maintain strict hygiene
From the team at